In 2008, my mother, my sister, her daughter Catherine, son Oliver and I rented a house in Brittany, France. The little town was located near the medieval island castle-fortress of Mont Saint-Michel.
Watch: Brittany, Paris, France – Action, Adventure!
Popping Champagne, Seaside Villages, Exploding Beer, Underground Caverns filled with Skulls and Skeletons, Ancient Castles, Braving Hailstorms, Helicopter Chases and more. Check out this international thriller featuring scenery from our family visit to Brittany and Paris, France.
Watch: Eating Sunflower Seeds in Brittany, France
Teaching my niece and nephew proper seed etiquette at our rental house in Brittany, France.
We ‘traveled back in time’ to the age of knights, monks and public torture at Mont Saint-Michel, which was featured recently in a Smithsonian Magazine article.
Posing outside Mont Saint-Michel with my sister Margaret and her kids Catherine and Oliver in this grungy colour-stylized photo taken from Mom’s film camera.
It’s always fun to see what was carried in my suitcase on trips. Here you’ll find some travel books, a delicious bottle of confiture de lait (a specialty of Normandy and Brittany, this French milk jam is made of rich milk and sugar, cooked slowly and gently until it has attained a golden colour and delicate caramel flavour), chocolates, cookies and a non fiction book about inbred mountain dwellers in Nova Scotia, the Goler clan. You can also see my Canon cameras. I had my EOS 20D SLR and the two video cams there were both standard def MiniDV tape loading recorders which captured the videos embedded above.
Photo Gallery: Brittany and Normandy, France
View this album large scale on my Flickr…
France 2008 Series
- Unplug from the Matrix: My First Sensory Deprivation Float - March 10, 2018
- Shambhala Music Festival Announces The Glitch Mob And REZZ As First Headliners For 21st Annual Edition And Releases Festival Trailer - March 10, 2018
- Amanda Hebert Wins David Beatty History Prize at Mount Allison University - June 2, 2017
- Exploring Squamish Part 4: What To Do in Squamish - October 17, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 3: Squamish Nation Canoe Builders - October 16, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 2: Sea to Sky Air Flightseeing - October 16, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 1: Via Ferrata at Sea to Sky Gondola - October 16, 2016
- Sunee D’s Comedy is Intensely Refreshing - August 6, 2016
- Sunee Dhaliwal – Live at the Rio: Broken Dreams - July 24, 2016
- Dad and the Opossum – A Story for Father’s Day - June 19, 2016