Experience My 5Peaks 2014 Mountain Trail Run Through Golden Ears Provincial Park
I love running and I love hiking in British Columbia’s incredible coast mountain range, so when I saw the ads for this year’s 5Peaks Trail Running Series I signed up right away. The first event this year in BC was Golden Ears Provincial Park on May 10, 2014. I shot the video above on my iPhone while I ran the longest trail, the 14 KM Enduro Course.
With various trail running races across Canada, 5 Peaks delivers some of the best trail this country has to offer. Their events are hosted at some of the most spectacular natural spaces in the country. Each race takes place on pre-marked natural surface trails with participants running over rocks, roots, tree stumps and logs, through water, muck, snow and so much more.
Fatima and I arrived early so we could relax and enjoy Alouette Lake while sipping free Kicking Horse Coffee from our thermos.
It was a little rainy but such a beautiful misty morning on the lake.
The tiger mascot high fives a kid.
There was tons of free energy food for the runners.
Many thanks to Salomon Running for lending me these incredibly awesome demo S-LAB Sense 3 Ultra SG trail runners! I can’t think of better footwear for these rugged trail runs. I felt like I was tap-dancing through the slippery, rocky trail. When I slogged knee-deep through mountain rivers and streams, these guys suctioned to my feet. Instead of feeling sloppy and uncomfortable, the water actually made them feel and fit even better. The technology of the shoe quickly sucks the water out as well. Highly recommend!
Upcoming 5Peaks Trail Races in British Columbia:
Choose Your Trail Race:
Race 2 – Alice Lake, June 7, 2014
Race 3 – Cypress Mountain, July 26, 2014
Race 4 – Whistler Blackcomb, August 23, 2014
Race 5 – Buntzen Lake, September 27, 2014
See you there!
- Unplug from the Matrix: My First Sensory Deprivation Float - March 10, 2018
- Shambhala Music Festival Announces The Glitch Mob And REZZ As First Headliners For 21st Annual Edition And Releases Festival Trailer - March 10, 2018
- Amanda Hebert Wins David Beatty History Prize at Mount Allison University - June 2, 2017
- Exploring Squamish Part 4: What To Do in Squamish - October 17, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 3: Squamish Nation Canoe Builders - October 16, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 2: Sea to Sky Air Flightseeing - October 16, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 1: Via Ferrata at Sea to Sky Gondola - October 16, 2016
- Sunee D’s Comedy is Intensely Refreshing - August 6, 2016
- Sunee Dhaliwal – Live at the Rio: Broken Dreams - July 24, 2016
- Dad and the Opossum – A Story for Father’s Day - June 19, 2016