2 years ago this weekend I was living in Halifax, NS and flew to Vancouver to visit Fatima and ask her to marry me on June 28, 2009 at the Boathouse overlooking English Bay. These are the photos below. It was also the very first time I met her family. Crazy days! (By the way, she said yes).
The waiter pictured above with us was amazing and he made the moment perfect. He is an actor and singer. This is him in the Winnie the Pooh Canadian Heritage commercial playing the soldier from Winnipeg who named Winnie the bear. He sang and danced for us in the restaurant and ended up having the whole place involved. It was surreal!
This Tacori ring was not available in Atlantic Canada so I had to special order it and get Fatima’s friend Moninder to pick it up for me in Langley before I arrived. It was a covert operation to get the ring as her husband Parm handed it off to me at a party while Moninder distracted Fatima with her baby, Logan. That was stressful but it all worked out! I owe them big time!
We rented a vacation condo downtown in Vancouver on Alberni Street overlooking Coal Harbour. We both agreed it was a dream of ours to some day live downtown in Vancouver together (at the time Fatima was planning to move to Halifax with me). In a strange twist of fate we moved to Yaletown 3 just months later!
The day after our impromptu engagement party, Fatima’s best friend Laura Clarke took some engagement photos for us:
no images were found
We later hired Katch Studios to do an official shoot:
no images were found
- Unplug from the Matrix: My First Sensory Deprivation Float - March 10, 2018
- Shambhala Music Festival Announces The Glitch Mob And REZZ As First Headliners For 21st Annual Edition And Releases Festival Trailer - March 10, 2018
- Amanda Hebert Wins David Beatty History Prize at Mount Allison University - June 2, 2017
- Exploring Squamish Part 4: What To Do in Squamish - October 17, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 3: Squamish Nation Canoe Builders - October 16, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 2: Sea to Sky Air Flightseeing - October 16, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 1: Via Ferrata at Sea to Sky Gondola - October 16, 2016
- Sunee D’s Comedy is Intensely Refreshing - August 6, 2016
- Sunee Dhaliwal – Live at the Rio: Broken Dreams - July 24, 2016
- Dad and the Opossum – A Story for Father’s Day - June 19, 2016