The Marvellous Country; Three Years In Arizona And New Mexico, The Apaches’ Home by Samuel Woodworth Cozzens 1874
My mother found an original copy of this book in her basement the other day, and it has inspired her to visit Arizona and New Mexico. I will definitely want to accompany her on that trip, because she really knows how to have an adventure! This is what she told me:
The name of the book is The Marvellous Country; or, Three Years in Arizona and New Mexico, The Apaches’ Home…Exploration and Adventures in Arizona and New Mexico by Samuel Woodworth Cozzens. The important thing about the copy I have here is that it is a VERY early edition. (1874)…says it was published in Amherst, N.S: by Rogers and Black, 1874…Something also interesting is that it says “Sold only by subscription, and not for sale at the bookstores. Residents of any State desiring a copy should address the Publishers, and an agent will call upon them.” This is a very early edition indeed….Love you too!~ MUM
I believe I have found the complete and exact version of this on Google Books (except it was not printed in Amherst, NS). You can download a PDF of the whole book right here.
If anybody knows a way we could figure out how much this book is worth, please let me know!
COMPRISING: A Description Of This Wonderful Country, Its ImMense Mineral Wealth, Its Magnificent Mountain Scenery, The Ruins Of Ancient Towns And Cities Found Therein, With A Complete History Of The Apache Tribe, And A Description Of The Author’s Guide, Cochise, The Great Apache War Chief.
THE WHOLE INTERSPERSED WITH STRANGE EVENTS AND ADVENTURES.
SAMUEL WOODWORTH COZZENS.
ILLUSTRATED BY UPWARDS OF ONE HUNDRED ENGRAVINGS.
LONDON: SAMPSON LOW, MARSTON, LOW & SEARLE, Crown Buildings, 188 Fleet Street
- Unplug from the Matrix: My First Sensory Deprivation Float - March 10, 2018
- Shambhala Music Festival Announces The Glitch Mob And REZZ As First Headliners For 21st Annual Edition And Releases Festival Trailer - March 10, 2018
- Amanda Hebert Wins David Beatty History Prize at Mount Allison University - June 2, 2017
- Exploring Squamish Part 4: What To Do in Squamish - October 17, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 3: Squamish Nation Canoe Builders - October 16, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 2: Sea to Sky Air Flightseeing - October 16, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 1: Via Ferrata at Sea to Sky Gondola - October 16, 2016
- Sunee D’s Comedy is Intensely Refreshing - August 6, 2016
- Sunee Dhaliwal – Live at the Rio: Broken Dreams - July 24, 2016
- Dad and the Opossum – A Story for Father’s Day - June 19, 2016