Finally, the time has come for cracking open a bottle of the Slurrey Surrey Wheat Ale and do a tasting. This is the moment a home brewer waits weeks for and I was very excited to try our latest batch! I popped open the Swing Top (which comes custom made from Howe Sound Brewery) and poured it into my tall glass.
It was well carbonated and formed a decent head. It tasted good, a little sweet and still seemed a little young. A few more weeks of fermentation should improve the taste. It seemed a little strong in alcohol content (which is great). Overall I call it a success but not my best batch as of yet. That honour goes to the Honey Wheat Beer I made in Halifax from ingredients I got at Noble Grape (a fantastic east coast home brew store). So far that is the best beer I have ever had, period… with runner up Picaroons from Fredericton, NB.
- Unplug from the Matrix: My First Sensory Deprivation Float - March 10, 2018
- Shambhala Music Festival Announces The Glitch Mob And REZZ As First Headliners For 21st Annual Edition And Releases Festival Trailer - March 10, 2018
- Amanda Hebert Wins David Beatty History Prize at Mount Allison University - June 2, 2017
- Exploring Squamish Part 4: What To Do in Squamish - October 17, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 3: Squamish Nation Canoe Builders - October 16, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 2: Sea to Sky Air Flightseeing - October 16, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 1: Via Ferrata at Sea to Sky Gondola - October 16, 2016
- Sunee D’s Comedy is Intensely Refreshing - August 6, 2016
- Sunee Dhaliwal – Live at the Rio: Broken Dreams - July 24, 2016
- Dad and the Opossum – A Story for Father’s Day - June 19, 2016