I sometimes contribute to the Outdoor Destinations ‘Unplugged’ section of the Vancouver is Awesome Blog which is managed by Amber Turnau. One of my favourite submissions was the account of my visit to Nisga’a Memorial Lava Bed Park just north of Terrace BC. This took place back in 2006 when I was living in Kitimat. Using the clunky old cassette-loaded camcorder I had back then, I filmed the day’s events, including a terrifying encounter with an aggressive mother grizzly and cubs.
Visit BC Parks – Nisga’a Memorial Lava Bed Park – Vancouver Is Awesome for the full story and video!
- Unplug from the Matrix: My First Sensory Deprivation Float - March 10, 2018
- Shambhala Music Festival Announces The Glitch Mob And REZZ As First Headliners For 21st Annual Edition And Releases Festival Trailer - March 10, 2018
- Amanda Hebert Wins David Beatty History Prize at Mount Allison University - June 2, 2017
- Exploring Squamish Part 4: What To Do in Squamish - October 17, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 3: Squamish Nation Canoe Builders - October 16, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 2: Sea to Sky Air Flightseeing - October 16, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 1: Via Ferrata at Sea to Sky Gondola - October 16, 2016
- Sunee D’s Comedy is Intensely Refreshing - August 6, 2016
- Sunee Dhaliwal – Live at the Rio: Broken Dreams - July 24, 2016
- Dad and the Opossum – A Story for Father’s Day - June 19, 2016