Halifax: Gateway to The World (1947)
This film by Tom Courtney chronicles activities in Halifax, NS during World War II (1939-1945) with particular emphasis on the role its harbour played as an international port.
For more information on the archives and these films, please visit: www.gov.ns.ca/nsarm/virtual/nsfilm/
This is a trailer for the Nova Scotia Archives’ film website. Clips featured in this trailer are from the 1957 film Citadel City, produced by the Department of Industry and Publicity.
Learn more about Nova Scotia at www.gov.ns.ca/nsarm/
- Unplug from the Matrix: My First Sensory Deprivation Float - March 10, 2018
- Shambhala Music Festival Announces The Glitch Mob And REZZ As First Headliners For 21st Annual Edition And Releases Festival Trailer - March 10, 2018
- Amanda Hebert Wins David Beatty History Prize at Mount Allison University - June 2, 2017
- Exploring Squamish Part 4: What To Do in Squamish - October 17, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 3: Squamish Nation Canoe Builders - October 16, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 2: Sea to Sky Air Flightseeing - October 16, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 1: Via Ferrata at Sea to Sky Gondola - October 16, 2016
- Sunee D’s Comedy is Intensely Refreshing - August 6, 2016
- Sunee Dhaliwal – Live at the Rio: Broken Dreams - July 24, 2016
- Dad and the Opossum – A Story for Father’s Day - June 19, 2016