Exploring Squamish Part 1: Via Ferrata at Sea to Sky Gondola
Tourism Squamish recently invited myself and some other local online media folks to come get a taste of life in nearby Squamish. It is like a little secret paradise, less than an hour’s drive from Vancouver. In this four part series, I will share with you some of the adventures we experienced.
Via Ferrata at Squamish Sea to Sky Gondola
I have hiked the Squamish Chief many times, and each time I’ve looked up from the base and seen little ants up on the cliff. Well, not really ants but rock climbers, way up high on the rock face. I haven’t tried that yet, but I am one step closer after having tried the Via Ferrata by Mountian Skills Academy and Adventures at Squamish Sea to Sky Gondola.
— Daman Beatty (@Beatler) September 26, 2016
‘Via Ferrata’ is Italian for “Iron Way”, an engineered vertical climbing adventure, assisted by metal rungs and a specialized cable system. It was an exciting and unique climbing experience, rich with awe-inspiring views of Howe Sound and the nearby peaks. Experience Squamish Via Ferrata through my eyes in the video above!
SQUAMISH – Located on the ocean at the tip of the Howe Sound fjord, Squamish offers the world’s most epic outdoor adventures from Sea to Sky, all within 10 minutes. In Squamish you can play on the ocean and explore the mountains all in the same day. The Sea to Sky Gondola opens up easy access to expansive alpine hiking and sightseeing. Located on the doorstep of eight Provincial Parks, Squamish boasts more than 3,500 rock climbing routes and bouldering problems including the famous Stawamus Chief, more than 200 kilometers of world renowned mountain biking single track trails and access to some of the best kiteboarding and windsurfing conditions in North America.
The Beatler/Surrey604 Exploring Squamish Series:
- Part 1: Via Ferrata at Sea to Sky Gondola
- Part 2: Sea to Sky Air Flightseeing
- Part 3: Squamish Nation Canoe Builders
- Part 4: What To Do in Squamish
- Unplug from the Matrix: My First Sensory Deprivation Float - March 10, 2018
- Shambhala Music Festival Announces The Glitch Mob And REZZ As First Headliners For 21st Annual Edition And Releases Festival Trailer - March 10, 2018
- Amanda Hebert Wins David Beatty History Prize at Mount Allison University - June 2, 2017
- Exploring Squamish Part 4: What To Do in Squamish - October 17, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 3: Squamish Nation Canoe Builders - October 16, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 2: Sea to Sky Air Flightseeing - October 16, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 1: Via Ferrata at Sea to Sky Gondola - October 16, 2016
- Sunee D’s Comedy is Intensely Refreshing - August 6, 2016
- Sunee Dhaliwal – Live at the Rio: Broken Dreams - July 24, 2016
- Dad and the Opossum – A Story for Father’s Day - June 19, 2016