The local Vancouver ACM SIGGRAPH society is always holding exciting design events. Tonight I am attending Designing Assassin’s Creed II at the Vancity theater. Which is literally across the road from our place.
Designing Assassin’s Creed II with Patrick Plourde, Ubisoft Montreal Hot on the heels of a Guinness World Record to add to their impressive list of growing awards, Vancouver ACM SIGGRAPH is pleased to present Designing Assassin’s Creed II with Ubisoft’s Lead Designer, Patrick Plourde May 18, 2010 at the Vancity Theatre. During the production of Assassin’s Creed II, the design team faced the challenges of an enormous scope, one of the biggest development teams ever assembled and a limited time frame. This talk is about sharing the best practices to ship high quality games through a focused and rigourous Design Process while maximizing the output of production.
Patrick Plourde · Lead Game Designer With 7 years of experience in the industry, Patrick worked on multiple ‘AAA’ Action Adventure and FPS games, most recently as the Lead Game Designer for Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 and Assassin’s Creed II. Vancouver ACM SIGGRAPH
- Unplug from the Matrix: My First Sensory Deprivation Float - March 10, 2018
- Shambhala Music Festival Announces The Glitch Mob And REZZ As First Headliners For 21st Annual Edition And Releases Festival Trailer - March 10, 2018
- Amanda Hebert Wins David Beatty History Prize at Mount Allison University - June 2, 2017
- Exploring Squamish Part 4: What To Do in Squamish - October 17, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 3: Squamish Nation Canoe Builders - October 16, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 2: Sea to Sky Air Flightseeing - October 16, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 1: Via Ferrata at Sea to Sky Gondola - October 16, 2016
- Sunee D’s Comedy is Intensely Refreshing - August 6, 2016
- Sunee Dhaliwal – Live at the Rio: Broken Dreams - July 24, 2016
- Dad and the Opossum – A Story for Father’s Day - June 19, 2016