These are the most ominous photos I took on my 2008 trip to France. They feature the ghoulish gargoyles which adorn Notre Dame Cathedral, plus graves from Père Lachaise Cemetery, the largest cemetery in the city of Paris. The monument covered in kisses marks the burial site of Oscar Wilde. You will also find a couple images from Brittany, France including a war memorial.
The piles of skulls and bones were taken in the The Catacombs of Paris hidden beneath the streets of Paris. These underground ossuaries hold the remains of about six million 18th century Parisians!
View this album large scale on my Flickr…
France 2008 Series
- Unplug from the Matrix: My First Sensory Deprivation Float - March 10, 2018
- Shambhala Music Festival Announces The Glitch Mob And REZZ As First Headliners For 21st Annual Edition And Releases Festival Trailer - March 10, 2018
- Amanda Hebert Wins David Beatty History Prize at Mount Allison University - June 2, 2017
- Exploring Squamish Part 4: What To Do in Squamish - October 17, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 3: Squamish Nation Canoe Builders - October 16, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 2: Sea to Sky Air Flightseeing - October 16, 2016
- Exploring Squamish Part 1: Via Ferrata at Sea to Sky Gondola - October 16, 2016
- Sunee D’s Comedy is Intensely Refreshing - August 6, 2016
- Sunee Dhaliwal – Live at the Rio: Broken Dreams - July 24, 2016
- Dad and the Opossum – A Story for Father’s Day - June 19, 2016